A better tomorrow starts today
FOUNDATION DOES NOT MAKE GRANTS FOR SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS AND DOES NOT MAKE GRANTS OR LOANS TO INDIVIDUALS. GRANTS ARE ONLY AWARDED TO ORGANIZATIONS CLASSIFIED AS TAX-EXEMPT 501©3 NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS BY THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE.
The Foundation has geographic boundaries for grant making. Only grant proposals originating in Kerr and the surrounding communities (Gillespie, Bandera, Edwards, Real, and Kimble Counties) will be considered. Grant applications for specific projects or programs, technical assistance, and capital projects are considered. Grants for general operations will normally not be considered and when approved shall generally be approved as challenge grants.
Grants are made in these fields-of-interest as they relate to the mission statement of the Foundation:
- Community Service
- Child Development
- Health & Rehabilitation
- Animal Welfare
The Foundation looks for one or more of the following conditions in an inquiry:
- A collaborative network exists that multiplies the impact of the grant.
- Foundation support would be vital or catalytic to a proposed project’s success.
- The proposed project is likely to continue and expand after the grant period.
- The proposed project is innovative and efficient in its use of funds.
- The project has the ability to be self-supporting.
- The proposal is a request for matching or challenge funding.
- The proposed project is well planned.
Grants are not made to supporting organizations. The Foundation does not fund church or seminary construction, or church related entities unless such entities meet Foundation criteria and serve as a separate entity from the church.
To submit a letter of inquiry please follow the instructions on this site. Letters of inquiry are accepted at any time throughout the year.