The foundation for a strong future
VISIT THE CAILLOUX SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ON FACEBOOK AND “LIKE” US!
Applications for The Cailloux Foundation Scholarship Program will only be accepted online using the form below from International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc.
USE ACCESS KEY: CALOX
Next deadline: February 2, 2017
The Cailloux Foundation Scholarship Program was established by the Floyd A. and Kathleen C. Cailloux Foundation to assist high school seniors from selected Texas Hill Country communities who plan to continue higher education in college or university programs. Renewable scholarships are offered each year, up to three years, for full-time study at any accredited four-year public or private college or university in the State of Texas. To assure complete impartiality in selection of recipients and to maintain a high level of professionalism, the program is administered by International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS), a firm that specializes in managing sponsored scholarship programs.
Applicants must be graduating high school seniors who plan to enroll for the first time in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year public or private college or university in the state of Texas. Only seniors graduating from the following Texas Hill Country high schools are eligible: Bandera High School, Big Spring Charter School, Center Point High School, Comfort High School, Fredericksburg High School, Harper High School, Heritage School, Ingram Tom Moore High School, Junction High School, Tivy High School, Leakey High School, Mason High School, Medina High School, Nueces Canyon High School, Our Lady of the Hills Regional Catholic High School, Rocksprings High School, and Utopia High School. Recipients are selected at large without a guaranteed number of student scholars at any one school.
Applicants must have a minimum SAT score of 1022 (verbal and math combined) or a minimum ACT score of 22 composite, a minimum grade average of 85 (on a scale of 100), and be in the top third of their graduating class to be eligible for consideration. Applicants must have a family adjusted gross income of no more than $100,000 per year.
How to Apply
- Go to https://aim.applyists.net/calox to access the scholarship application between November 2, 2016, and February 2, 2017. Any eligible student may complete the scholarship application for consideration.
- The program key is CALOX.
- The application form is extensive. It must be fully completed and all requested attachments including the parents’ latest income tax return, other financial information, and a list of all other scholarships that have been applied for and received must be provided.
- ISTS will only review complete applications submitted by the deadline. Be sure that you have actually submitted the application online.
- All requested attachments are required and must be mailed and postmarked by February 2, 2017.
- A limited number of awards of up to $14,000 each will be granted annually to new recipients meeting the eligibility requirements.
- Awards are renewable up to three years or until a bachelor’s degree is obtained based on satisfactory academic performance. A cumulative 2.5 grade point average beginning with the first freshman semester must be maintained.
- Financial need will be considered. If finalists’ qualifications are similar, an award will be given to the student with the greatest financial need.
- Awards will be decreased by the amount of other scholarships received and may not exceed comprehensive school costs, which are determined based on information published by The College Board.
The Cailloux Foundation Scholarship Program is recognized separately by the Internal Revenue Service.